Material processing technology is the foundation of every area of science and technology and is one of the mother technologies of modern science. This course will educate students in several material-related subjects, including their creation and process control, physical and chemical properties, analysis and evaluation of their mechanical characteristics, and recycling, and aims to train them to become researchers who have a deep expertise in material science, flexible and broad logical reasoning abilities, and a richly creative global awareness.
- We aim to organize an education program for training students to become professionals. In order to measure its effectiveness, we have continuous opportunities for students to evaluate their classes, FD activities among our professors, self-evaluation, and external evaluation, as we strive for constant program improvement and balance.
- We will continue to refine our expert-level education in the material sciences in order to cultivate in students advanced expertise and techniques for exploring material structure, physical and chemical properties, and mechanical features from a broad perspective from the nano level to the macro level.
- Through dissertation research guidance, students will further develop their abilities to work independently as researchers by developing their ability to establish creative research topics and logical research methods, collaborate organically between disciplines, and present their research findings effectively. In doing so students can develop their research abilities in a wide variety of areas, from the early or basic stages of material development to research that aims to discover practical applications, to developing pioneering interdisciplinary projects.
- We will encourage and support participation in conference activities, both in Japan and abroad, and encourage students to both widely share their findings and stay on top of the latest knowledge surrounding material science and to turn that knowledge into potential research topics, as well as to use their research findings to give back to local communities.
- We hope to cultivate an international awareness in students through providing more opportunities to hear lectures from and have discussions with researchers from various countries, as well as through having students interact with researchers from various countries and independently give presentations and write papers in languages other than Japanese.
What We Offer
This program is designed so that students can gain high-level knowledge and technical skills to explore the areas of material structure, physical and chemical properties, and mechanical features from a broad perspective from the nano level to the macro level, as well as the skills to conduct research on a broad scale, from the early and fundamental stages of material development to research that aims to discover practical applications. This program is further designed so that students can improve their abilities to work more intensely in their own areas of expertise, collaborate organically between disciplines, propose pioneering interdisciplinary projects, work independently to interact with researchers from various countries and compose and present papers in languages other than Japanese, establish creative research topics and logical research methods, and present their research findings effectively. By working in these areas, students can enrich their abilities to work independently as researchers and, through the power of their ideas and suggestions, use their findings to give back to local communities.