This is the Guidelines of Travel Expense Reimbursements of Faculty of Advanced Science and Technology, Kumamoto University for official visitors. In case Kumamoto University agrees to cover visitor’s travel expenses, these guidelines apply to the visitors.
- All travel expense reimbursements are based on Travel Expenses Policies of Kumamoto University.
- All travelers including external visitors are expected to use the lowest airfare available and normal route except in case of a natural disaster or any other unavoidable circumstances.
- Note that thorough documentation supporting visitor’s airfare is required for the reason that all travel expenses of the university are subject to audit by the government, internal and external auditors and other sponsors.
- Reimbursement is made for Kumamoto University-related business only. If visitors combine personal travel with their business travel, all additional expenses on personal travel incurred are the responsibility of visitors and prior approval is required. To cover round-trip expenses, duration of a personal travel must be shorter than the duration of business travel. Approver checks the visitor’s business purpose, duration of business and personal travel and supporting documentation including airfare receipts.
- International and domestic round-trip airfare
- Rail way fare in Japan
- Bus fare in Japan
- Accommodation fee
- Per diem allowance (meals and transportation costs incurred within city limits)
Non Payable Expenses
- Taxi fare
- Upgrade fee
- Round-the-world ticket
- Expenses related to personal travel taken before, during, or after a business trip
- Accommodation fee in case a visitor stays at colleague’s, friend’s or relative’s house etc.
- Travel expenses for visitor’s accompanying companions/spouses
- Travel insurance
Required documentations and travel expense details are as follows:
|1. Round-trip airfare||Flight schedule,
|2. Rail way fare in Japan||N/A||Fixed amount|
|3. Bus fare in Japan||N/A||Fixed amount|
|4. Accommodation fee||N/A||Fixed amount|
|5. Per diem allowance||N/A||Fixed amount|
Ways of Reimbursement
There are two ways of reimbursement for visitors. Please follow your hosts’ instruction which way to choose for reimbursement.
This is a reimbursement way which the university transfers all of visitor’s travel expenses to the visitor’s bank account after traveling. It usually takes several weeks.
For a smooth reimbursement procedure;
- Email or fax the “Foreign Remittance Form” for bank transfer 7 days prior to your departure date.
- Email or fax your flight schedule and all airfare receipts (or credit card bill reflecting the payment) to your host at least 7 days prior to your departure date.
2.Direct Payment on Arrival
This is a reimbursement way which visitor’s host pays all of visitor’s travel expenses directly to the visitor by hand from the host’s own expense temporarily in arriving at the university. Visitor can choose this reimbursement way only if the host agrees and instructs this way.
For a smooth reimbursement procedure;
- Email or fax your flight schedule and all airfare receipts (or credit card bill) to your host prior to your departure date. If the duration of your business travel is fewer than 7 days, make sure to send them no later than 7 days prior to your departure date.
Make sure not to change the travel plan after sending them. Calculation and settlement takes at least 7 days. Note that if you fail it by the deadline, your reimbursement will be made by bank transfer after your travel. In this case, email “Foreign Remittance Form.“
- Submit all of the original paper receipts of your airfares and boarding passes to Kumamoto when arriving at Kumamoto University. If you have already emailed “Web Receipt” beforehand, original one is not required.
|NOTE:||Airfare is reimbursable on receipt basis. Only flight schedule and dated airfare receipt issued by travel agency or airline are acceptable as documentations.
Airfare receipt must show a passenger’s name, date and amount of payment no matter how the payment is made. If a receipt is unavailable, a copy of credit card bill reflecting the payment serves as a receipt. In this case, please make sure to black out important personal data for security reasons.