Division of Natural ScienceResearch Activities
The Division of Natural Science consists of six fields: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Science, Biological Science and Integrated Sciences. Collectively, these fields seek to expound upon the mathematical underpinnings of how our natural world came to be. By deepening humankind’s understanding of each subject and uncovering new fields of study, we seek to generate new knowledge to give back to society.
- Earth and Environmental Science
- Biological Science
- Integrated Sciences
- Molecular Agriculture
Division of Materials Science and ChemistryResearch Activities
The Division of Materials Science and Chemistry conducts research in developing new materials that form the basis of studies in physical chemistry and biochemistry, as well as new structural and functional materials to support the growth of our society. Through these efforts, we seek to advance the development of practical technology for use in industry and aid the continued growth of society.
- Environmental Chemistry and Materials
- Structural Materials
- Organic Materials and Polymers
- Physical Chemistry
- Functional Materials Design
- Biochemical Science and Technology
- Silk Science and Technology
Division of Industrial FundamentalsResearch Activities
The Division of Industrial Fundamentals seeks to contribute to the growth of an active and healthy society through efforts to develop new precision systems and instruments as well as to develop new energy technologies to usher in the next generation of human prosperity.
- Advanced Thermal and Fluid Energy System
- Robot, Control and Instrumentation
- Mechanical System Design
- Applied Mathematics
- Probability and Statistics
Division of Informatics and EnergyResearch Activities
The Division of Informatics and Energy seeks to contribute to the welfare of humankind and the continual growth of society by developing the information, electric, electronic, and energy technologies that will usher in the next generation of human prosperity.
- Big Data Science and Technology
- Electric and Electronic Materials
- Electric Power and Control
- Biomedical and Welfare Engineering
- Wave Information Processing
- Computer Engineering
Division of Social Infrastructure and EnvironmentResearch Activities
The Division of Social Infrastructure and Environment researches how to create architecture and city spaces that are conducive to human life, advances in civil engineering and public policy that solve the various problems found in regional societies, and new potential solutions for local infrastructure that are resilient to natural disasters. Furthermore, our faculty engages in research and development of food and energy solutions that can respond to ongoing climate change, thereby contributing to the creation of a society that lives in harmony with the natural world.
- Sustainable and Resilient Structural Engineering
- Building Material and Construction
- Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering
- Urban, Regional and Architectural Planning
- Environment Conservation Engineering